Saturday, November 07, 2009

Bombay Sweets = Delish

So today after having an interesting class in Indian Culture and Outsourcing Animation a few members of the class headed to Bombay Sweets on S. 13th Street, an adventure in itself!

This was my second attempt at Indian food and I like it thus far. Last class, about a month ago, we went to Maharaja before class to celebrate Diwali. I couldn't tell you what I had to eat as it was buffet style and I had a bit of everything, but it was delish! I do know that I really liked the Naan and the ice cream for dessert.

So now onto my second attempt: Bombay Sweets .... wonder if they will ever change it to Mumbai Sweets?!?

So now for my experience .... I was the first one to arrive and asked for the reservation, please keep in mind there were 95% open table and only two other people in the restaurant. Wasn't sure if there was a back room, those mirrors can be tricky sometimes!

So after receiving a few tips from Simar I ended up going with:
a Samosa for an app, Masala Dosa for meal, a Mango Lassi for drink and tasted a jalebi for dessert (and ohh was it delicious and sweet and fried!). I would have to say the meal was delicious and it is amazing how many flavors can be packed into one dish. I am scared for myself with the desserts as they all look phenomenal and I LOVE sweets.

I am excited to try more Indian food!

See a video on how Jalebis are made:
www.geobeats.com/videoclips/india/new-dehli/jelabis

No comments: