Monday, March 01, 2010

Post Trip Perceptions, a response to #5

Cultures and religions are very prevalent in everyday life and work just as I had imagined. Families usually lived in multigenerational homes. Elders are taken care of my children and children go back and live with their parents after they are married. Also, hired help sometimes stays with the family that they work for, but not very often. I would have to say that I did feel a sense of family in visiting the country of India as most people were very welcoming. The people were as unique as the colors that could be found anywhere in India.

From the places we were able to visit, I did not experience the diversity or the religions of the many people or the exact effect of democracy on the population. What I did observe when visiting the Hare Krishna temple, Jain Temple and the Akshardham temple is that everyone respects each other's religions and deities and goes on their merry way.

No comments: